- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice the juice of about 1/2 orange
- 6 bone-in and skin on chicken thighs about 2 pounds
- 24 red baby potatoes about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 medium cloves garlic diced by hand, not pressed through a garlic press
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cranberries, brown sugar, orange zest, and orange juice. Let this rest while you prepare the chicken and potatoes.
- To the prepared baking sheet, add the chicken thighs, baby potatoes, olive oil, garlic, and salt. Toss to coat.
- Make sure the chicken is skin side up, and place it between the potatoes so it’s all in one even layer.
- Sprinkle the dried rosemary evenly over the chicken and potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cranberries over the baking dish, trying to fill all the nooks and crannies with them. Move them around so that everything is in one layer. I sprinkle mine over the potatoes and avoid the chicken, because if the chicken is uncovered the skin will get golden and crispy.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F on an instant read meat thermometer and the skin is golden brown and crispy.