September 13, 2021
Gin Basil Smash
Makes: 2 Servings
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 ounces simple syrup
- Small bunch basil leaves (plus additional sprigs for garnish)
- 1 can cold Klarbrunn Lemon Sparkling Water
- Make the simple syrup by heating equal parts sugar and water in either the microwave or on the stove. Heat until the sugar is dissolved, then transfer to a heat-safe container and allow it to cool.
- Add the lemon juice, simple syrup, and basil leaves to a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle. Add in gin and ice, and shake.
- Strain into two glasses filled with ice.
- Top with Klarbrunn Lemon Sparkling Water.