Lemon Marinated Chicken
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create two even thickness filets. Use a meat mallet to pound each filet to a thin even thickness.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but preferably 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C). Bake the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet for 12 minutes, then turn the oven to broil, and broil for 2 - 3 minutes (or until the internal temperature reads 165 F on a meat thermometer and the top is golden brown).