- 6 Golden Delicious Apples peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- ¾ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Cloves
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ¾ cup Flour
- Pinch Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Ground Ginger
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter cold, cut into 1/4” squares
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C).
- Butter an 8 x 8 baking dish (13 x 9 also works if you like a thinner layer), and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the filling ingredients (apple, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and lemon juice). Mix to combine. Pour into the baking dish to make an even layer.
- To a medium mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir to combine. Add the butter cubes and use a pastry cutter to cut in until the butter is about the size of peas.
- Pour the crumble topping over the apple filling and gently press into place.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
This recipe can easily be made ahead and then baked just before serving. Apple crisp doubles beautifully if you need to serve a crowd!