Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
- 1 cup Shredded Green Cabbage washed and dried
- ½ cup Shredded Red Cabbage washed and dried
- 2 tbsp. Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Diced Green Onion
- 1 medium clove Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Lime Zest
- ¼ tsp. Fine Sea Salt
Bang Bang Sauce
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tbsp. Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Oil of Choice
- 24 large Shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed, washed, and thoroughly dried
- 16 leaves Romaine Lettuce washed and dried
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, green onion, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, and fine sea salt to make the dressing for the slaw.
- In a large bowl, toss to coat the cabbage in the dressing.
- Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Bang Bang Sauce
- To a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey, and Frank’s hot sauce. Mix to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Lightly salt and pepper the shrimp.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and then add the shrimp starting at the 12 o’clock position and working your way around the skillet in a clockwise motion. Always starting in the same spot and working your way around the skillet in the same order makes a huge difference with food that cooks quickly (like shrimp) because it helps you cook each piece evenly.
- Saute until the shrimp looks like it’s becoming opaque about halfway through (or about 2-3 minutes), flip and cook until the shrimp is cooked through (about 2 more minutes).
- Remove the shrimp from the pan so they don’t overcook, and set aside.
To assemble the tacos, start with the lettuce cup base. To make the lettuce cups stronger, stack two leaves of romaine lettuce on top of each other. Fill with ⅛ of the slaw, add three shrimp, and then drizzle on a generous amount of bang bang sauce. Alternatively, you could toss the shrimp in the bang bang sauce if you prefer. Eat immediately. Frank’s Hot Sauce is relatively mild in heat, so if you’re using a different hot sauce start with 1 teaspoon and add additional hot sauce ½ teaspoon at a time until you get your desired level of heat.