Chicken Tinga Tacos
- ½ tbsp. Olive Oil
- ¼ large Sweet White Onion chopped
- 2 medium cloves Garlic diced
- ½ tsp. Fresh Oregano
- ½ tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. Ground Cumin depending on taste preference
- 1 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce chopped, ½ if you like it less spicy
- ½ can Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 6 Corn Tortillas 6” tortillas
- 2 Ripe Avocados sliced or mashed
- Juice of ½ lime
- ¼ tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp. Red Onion diced
- Crumbled cheese optional, for garnish – cojita is best, but feta also works
- Lime wedges optional, for garnish
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the onion and cook until just translucent and tender (roughly 3-4 minutes).
- Add the garlic, stir, and saute until fragrant (roughly 30 seconds). Add the oregano, stir, and saute until fragrant (roughly 30 seconds – 1 minute).
- To the skillet, add the salt and cumin, stir to combine. Allow the seasoning to toast for 3 seconds.
- Add in the chipotle pepper and Ro-Tel. Stir to combine. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the sauce ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend until completely combined and smooth.
- Return the blended sauce to the skillet and stir in the cooked shredded chicken.
- Saute for 1 – 2 minutes, or until the chicken is fully coated and starting to crisp.
- Mash the avocados and mix with lime juice and salt.
- Toast the corn tortillas (on a warm dry skillet is easiest).
- Coat each tortilla with mashed avocado, then add in chicken tinga, and top with a sprinkling of cilantro, red onion, and crumbled cheese.
This recipe doubles, or even quadruples, beautifully if you’re cooking for more people or want to meal prep for the week.